We all need to STOP and pay attention to our lives, the dreams we dream and the joy and happiness that we can manifest on a daily basis. It can be the ‘lil things’ that place a laugh in our throat, a smile on our lips or an opening of our hearts. The wonder of life surrounds us in the ‘lil things’ and our imagination can comfort us when our light seems to dim.
It may sound silly but my favorite car is the Volkswagen Beetle and when I see one on the road my face smiles and I giggle at how cute I believe it is. Just a ‘lil thing,’ that fills me with happiness.
IMAGES are comforting…
I love the look of this cup. I imagine sitting in the sunlight basking in the warmth of the sun and contemplating life. I have become intrigued with golden objects lately.
It is just a cup which I can drink water, coffee, or tea from. Yet it places a smile upon my lips as I dream of placing my hand on the heart-shaped handle and feeling its warmth. It is just a ‘lil thing’ that makes me happy. As I sip my desired drink of choice, the liquid warms my throat and slides down like honey, I imagine.
IMAGES allow us to dream…
Look at this little picture of the golden moon on the sea. Beautiful! This image fills me with the wonder of life and its vastness. How serene, calming and fiery all in one picture. I can dream that I am floating on the water in a small boat and looking up at the moon. I imagine the water is still and ever so calm as I simply float in its vastness. Can you imagine yourself floating on the water as well next to me?
It seems almost like a mirror, as the light of the moon reflects itself upon the water. Peaceful! I feel so small as I look upon the glow of this moon. Yet, I know that monthly I get to view a full moon in the sky … just a ‘lil thing’ but enormous when I bask in its light.
IMAGES create wonderment …
Here is an interesting door. Looks like a small double door that goes where I wonder? Its color and type are intriguing. Where does this door open up into? Can I dream that it is a splendid room filled with wonderful artist supplies? Maybe it is a hallway that leads me to a narrow walkway towards a pool? Can it be that both doors open onto a majestic bedroom which is filled with flowing white curtains and flickering white candles? Can it simply be a doorway into a magical land of surprises and books! My mind fills with wonder! It’s just a ‘lil thing’ that excites me.
IMAGES stir our imagination…
Blue Water – Blue Sky – White Light – Words – You Are Loved! – Love Is All There Is!
Simplify my life. Crisp and clean this image seems to me. This image speaks to me. Look towards the heavens! Look up! Look for the Light! You are not alone!
WOW… powerful and insightful! Is there a message for me in this image? Is Love all there is in life? Seems like such a ‘lil easy thing’ to ponder? I wonder if the words are true? I feel in my heart that they must be true! I pray that they are true!
IMAGES can transform us…
A Flower! A Butterfly!
I look at this image and feel transformation is key to my happiness. Such a ‘lil thing!’ The magnitude of a small butterfly can affect us all it seems because of the wonder of its life span. Can you smell the flower and feel the transformation that is possible in your life? Do the colors warm your soul and allow you to know Mother Nature is blissful? How do you feel looking at this image? Calm? Peaceful? Magical? Enchanted? Do you react in some way?
These are just a few of the images that cross the paths of our mind’s eye daily. There are actually hundreds, maybe thousands that we are not noticing. All of our lives are extremely busy with chores, work, babies, children, aging parents, and responsibilities. However, individually we need to nourish and nurture ourselves with any of the little things in life that tickle our soul and hearts.
- What are your thoughts on all these images?
- How do these images make you feel?
- Are there any images that you recall that have spoken to you lately?
- Are you dreaming, filling with wonder, imagination and transforming in the simplicity of life that surrounds you daily?
- Are you aware of all that is possible when you allow yourself to pay attention to your surroundings and the little things in your life?
- Are you capable of slowing down to take notice of the little things in your life?
- Can you bask in the glow of the moon with a beautiful cup of warmth, imagine the next door in your life that you need to walk through.
- Or maybe there is a door you need to close at this time?
- Can you discern the need to look above and beyond as you transform your life to be the one you desire to live?
Let us all begin to look around and pay attention to the images that stir our souls. We can choose to transform just like a butterfly and live our truth if we take the time to pay attention to our heart and the ‘lil things’ that stir us with joy daily!
- Is there a message to discern from them?
- Can the universe be speaking to us in some far out way through the ‘lil things?’
- Do you have any dreams you wish to manifest now in your life?
- Can you commit to one day a week to paying attention to the images in your life?
- Will you promise to look for the ‘lil things,’ starting today?
Pray! Meditate! Journal!