The language of the times has changed drastically. Yesterday no longer serves this day. As a society that is separate in our belief, we now desire to unite. There is emotional pain, fear, anger, and dis-ease of our bodies, and mind. Our souls are offering clues that there is a better way to exist.
- We all want peace!
- We all crave to be whole!
- We all need self-love!
The questions arise daily for many of us that we are unhappy, and being harmed by another’s, thoughts, words, and actions. At times, even our own thoughts that are negative do harm to us. The seeds of yesterday that were planted and fed by anyone who has ever caused any of us to fear, experience guilt, shame for not letting another control us, and grief at a loss of any kind need to be released.
Becoming aware is becoming awakened to the truth, passion, and purpose of our life existence. Somewhere along the path of believing in what our parents raised us to follow and all that society instills as a way to be, look and perform has created our truth to hide. As all of life is energy, money is the culprit in many relationships that manifest a form of suffering. We choose money over our passion and purpose in life.
- We desire to be a chef, but the money is in working in our family business.
- We want to be a teacher but there is no money for college, and we instead marry and raise a family.
- We crave to experience life by playing music, but the money is in working with our hands.
- We choose money over our innate gifts.
Life is a process of understanding that free will offers us the choice of how we want to live our lives. Everyone shows us who they are, by their decisions. This very day is the day to sit, close your eyes and reflect on where you are at this time in your life. What is it that you need to release that is no longer serving you. The following affirmations by Sohini Trehan are a way to look within and contemplate your beliefs about yourself daily.
“I am a divine being of light, and I am peaceful, protected and secure.”
Bring your attention to your legs at the base of the spine down to your feet.
Personal development stems from being grounded in our lives. If you are disconnected from your body and the world it is due to trust issues, not feeling safe, nourished, or healthy, that stem from your family, tribe and home experience.
- How do you feel at this moment?
- Are there any aches or pain?
- Do you fall a lot?
- What beliefs are yours when it comes to how you were brought up?
- Who is part of your tribe on a daily basis?
- Do you communicate with love to one another or fear?
- Was there any negative birth experiences?
- Did you ever feel abandoned or felt abused as a child?
- Any childhood surgeries or severe illness or accidents?
- Did you move many times when small?
- Is permanent stress part of your existence now?
Aromatherapy, by using essential oils in a diffuser like cedar or clover is beneficial. Hug a tree, yoga, Pilates, walk barefoot outside, take a hike, dancing, gardening, sun on your body. Meditate. Journal about how you feel. Visualize your roots. Sit against a tree. Close, your eyes, breathe deep belly breaths and imagine your energetic roots sinking deep into the ground beneath you. Picture them connecting you to Mother Nature and know that the foundation is a solid one to build your life on.
I am radiant, beautiful and strong and enjoy a healthy and passionate life…”
Move up to sacral, place your hands on your naval area.
What is the sensation you experience at this moment?
It is here where our emotion and pleasure exist, the divine inner child and wounded child. A person who has unhealthy boundaries when it comes to relationships, money, and sex, become a martyr. The major distinction is an addiction to food, drugs, alcohol, sex, pornography, shopping, and exercise that is excessive, and chocolate and on and on. A person who wants to control others is angry and filled with rage. They are very excessive, their belief is ‘life is about me!”
- Are you creative in your life by enjoying what you do daily?
- Are you whole in your sexuality or is guilt in your body from past actions?
- Any tumors, or miscarriages?
- Prone to negative attitudes daily?
- Did you sell out for money, power or sex?
- Are you chronically feeling lonely or abandoned?
- Do you get angry when you give to others and they are unappreciative?
- Are you sacrificing your dreams and goals for another’s approval?
- Do you sense impotence within?
- Do the opinions of others matter most to you?
- Does change terrify you?
- Are you revengeful and unable to let things go?
- Is there a lack of ethics?
- Are you an energy vampire?
Your body needs to move; dance, slow and sensuous or wildly abandoned. How do you feel when you dance? Indulge in a treat once a week that comforts you, take a bubble bath, use scented oils, treat yourself to lunch. Keep the sexual energy moving through fantasy, books, romantic movies or sexy clothing.
“I am positively empowered and successful in all my ventures.”
Take your hands and place them on your solar plexus and imagine the power you possess as a divine being of light and love.
- Do you feel powerful in your daily interactions with those you love, work with and when it comes to your parents?
- Has anyone ever made you feel shame?
- Are you angry?
- Who do you blame?
- Filled with resentment?
Only you – can do for you! Laughter is the best medicine to heal. Play! Get physically outside in sports, swimming, and connecting to the earth. Get outside every day in the sunshine. Walk by bodies of water, rivers, lakes and the ocean in the moonlight especially.
“Love is the answer to everything in life, and I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally.”
Now you are at your heart the bridge to the rest of your body above.
- Do you love yourself?
- Do you feel loved?
- Are you loving?
- What does your heart ache for in your romantic relationship?
- How has grief kept you stuck in a relationship because of fear, guilt, and shame?
- What have you refused to do with passion and purpose in your life because of grief?
- Is your heart shut down?
- Have you felt betrayed, or rejected?
- Who do you need to forgive?
- Are you resentful?
- What feelings don’t you want to feel?
Being loved and loving is why you are here! Get a pet to love with joy! Meditate, journal, then journal, meditate daily! Intend to be open to loving yourself. Do what you love! When balanced with a sense of love of self and love of others a profound sense of peace and fulfillment is evident.
“My thoughts are positive, and I always express myself truthfully and clearly.”
The throat is our avenue to communicate in life with all. Now it is time to speak your truth! In the past, did someone lie to you and you were aware of it. In doing so, you have grown up to also lie as a defense mechanism because you are clueless as to why they lied. A pattern develops in all of us as we copy our parent’s behavior.
- Are you honestly taking responsibility for your needs?
- Do you say what you think or do you self-edit?
- Do you hear and act on inner guidance?
- Are living creatively?
- Chronically hoarse?
- Do you have repeated sore throats?
- Frequent pain in this area?
- Talk too loud, too much, stutter, or reluctant to speak?
- Are you shy?
Purchase a beautiful journal that you will enjoy writing in daily all your thoughts, feelings and insights about you. Scream if you must! Singing lessons, chanting works as well. Pick a form of creative expression like a child; dance, voice, writing, drawing, painting, or whatever appeals to you. If you have relationships issues go to couples therapy to improve communication to connect. Surrender. Open to guidance to a higher power.
“I am tuned into the divine universal wisdom and always understand the true meaning of life situations.”
Between our eyes is our brow or third eye, which also is called our intuition. That which we see that is unseen. We store our memories and dream experiences. The imagination of the past and future is evident here. We also can go beyond our five senses and the physical plane. Discernment in our daily life of what we want to see or not choose to see.
- Any health conditions related to the eyes, nose brain or neurological system?
- Do you remember your dreams?
- Are you closed-minded?
- Do you deny or ignore the facts or truth in a situation?
- Are you shutting off your inner guidance?
- Do you believe your inner guidance does not exist?
- Do you believe in a way that it is not of your moral obligations?
- Are you negative first and project that out onto others in most situations?
You will benefit by sitting in silence through meditation, being in Mother Nature or even the act of prayer or taking pen to paper? These are the tools to awaken the mind of intuition. Believe that you are intuitive! Practice visualizations. Set an intention and commit to listening within for direction. Honor the information with your actions. Create a feeling of inner harmony by surrounding yourself with beauty that you love. Experience life as a child filled with wonder. Explore life more. Set an intention at night to remember your dreams and write down what you do in the morning. What is the message?
“I am complete and one with the divine energy.”
The crown of our head is our connection to the Divine in thought, consciousness, information, and intelligence. The whole process of knowing. Our search for fulfillment and enlightenment. Spirituality needs to be in the body and our daily lives not in our heads only.
- Are you always in your head?
- Do you have a holier-than-thou attitude?
- Are you spacey?
- At times are you dissociated from the real world?
- Do you believe you are narrow-minded?
- Do you have rigid beliefs?
Meditation, and prayer, as well as a sacred ritual, will strengthen you. Spiritual practices allow us to embrace the universal field of consciousness. Fear, anxiety, and anger tend to close off our connection to the Divine. Prayer, meditation offers a release from difficult emotions so that we live entirely in our unique life journeys.
- We are all born gifted!
- We need to discover this gift!
- We can then live our gift with passion!
At a convenient time, take a pen and paper, light a candle and answer the above questions one by one. In doing so, you will develop a path of truth for how you want to live your life today. Your inner wisdom will guide you towards all that needs to be released by simply paying attention to how you feel in your body.
Pray. Meditate. Journal.