A Spiritual Path into the Journey of Prayer
The definition of the word ‘prayer’ in the Random House College Dictionary states.
Prayer, a devout petition to, or any form of spiritual communion with, God or an object of worship. The act or practice of praying. A formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying: the Lord’s Prayer.
I believe our thoughts and words are a form of prayer. We are filled with thoughts that are negative or unhealthy in our mind every day through many different avenues. To become conscious of these thoughts and change them is a form of prayer. Everyone has known some form of prayers from their childhood but may not continue to pray them. Raised as a Catholic, I still pray the Lord’s Prayer, Hail Mary and Glory Be to the Father. However, over the years I have incorporated new prayers that I have picked up on my spiritual journey. I would like to share them with you as well as affirmations that I consider as a form of prayer. When we open our mind, heart and soul to the journey of prayer all our words count. When we pray for guidance we know we are never alone and when we ask for help we receive help. A daily spiritual path into the journey of prayer daily will change your life!
-A Course in Miracles … Father, I come to you today to seek the peace that you alone can give. I come in silence in the quiet of my heart, the deep recesses of my mind, I wait and listen for your voice, my father, speak to me today. I come to hear your voice in silence and in certainty and love sure you will hear my call and answer me.
-Science of Mind … I was told to live by some inner mystic presence. I was told to live and to love, to laugh and to be glad. I was told to be still and know of the one almighty power, in and through all. I was told to let that power work through and in me. I believed that voice and I received my good.
-Daily a.m. practice (Caroline Myss) … I am committed to feeling a bond with each person I meet, to respecting my own integrity and honor, to living within the energy of love and compassion and returning to that energy when I don’t feel it, to making wise and blessed choices with my will, to maintaining perceptions of wisdom and non-judgment, to release the need to know why things happen as they do, and not to project expectations over how I want this day to be and how I want others to be. Finally, my last prayer, to trust the divine. And with that I bless my day with gratitude.
-Entering the Castle (Caroline Myss) … I open myself to divine guidance I surrender myself to become as a channel for grace, healing and service as God directs my life.
-Paramahansa Yogananda … Dear Father, whatever conditions confront me, I know that they represent the next step in my unfoldment. I will welcome all tests because I know that within me is the intelligence to understand and the power to overcome.
-Marianne Williamson … Please Bless my Parents, God. Thank you, thank them for the life they gave to me. For the ways they stumbled and held me back, please help me to forgive them and receive your compensation. May their spirits be blessed, their roads forward made easy. Please release them and release me from my childhood now gone by. Release us also from any bitterness I may still hold. They paved the way, in all that they did, for where I have been has led me here. I surrender my parents to the arms of God. Thank you, dear ones, for your service to me bless your souls. May your spirits fly free. May we enter into the relationship God wills for us. Thank you, Lord, for I am now free. Amen!
-A Comforting Prayer (Sylvia Browne)… May God, our Mother and Father, and the Christ-consciousness always be with us. On this journey, let us keep the White Light of the Holy Spirit around us aways, and even though we have written our chart, may we know that there are miracles. Amen.
-Archangels (Doreen Virtue)… Dear Archangel Michael, thank you for watching over us, our home and our vehicles. Thank you for giving me the courage and confidence to move forward with my divine life purpose. Archangel Michael, what changes would you like to see me make in my life right now? Please clearly guide me upon the path of my life purpose. Dear Archangel Michael, please send me a clear sign that I will easily notice and understand, letting me know you are here and helping me gain guidance and peace.
-Prayer for Peace (St. Francis of Assisi)… Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy. Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console. To be understood, as to understand. To be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
-My collection of affirmations ..
- Daily I will seek happiness more and more within my mind and less and less through material pleasure.
- I demand my divine birthright intuitively realizing that all wisdom and power already exists in my soul.
- God is just behind my reason, today and everyday and is guiding me to do the right thing always.
- Perfect peace and poise are mine today, as I concentrate all my power and ability upon expressing the divine will.
- I know that God’s power is limitless; and as I am made in His image, I, too, have the strength to overcome all obstacles.
- I possess the creative power of Spirit.
- The Infinite Intelligence will guide and solve every problem.
- God is my own inexhaustible Divine Bank.
- I am always rich, for I have access to the Cosmic Storehouse.
- I will go forth in perfect faith, in the power of omnipresent good to bring me what I need at the time I need it.
- The sunshine of Divine prosperity has just burst through the dark sky of my limitations.
- I AM God’s child.
- I relax and cast aside all mental burdens allowing God to express through me His perfect love, peace and wisdom.
- I only create peaceful experiences because I love myself.
- All is well.
- I am safe.
- The God-part of my mind gives me a psychic sense of direction each and every day.
- The mystical power of God rules my goals and their realization.
- Harmony surrounds me.
- I AM a center for love.
- I hear love
- I love my life and everyone I share it with daily.
- I AM as God created me.
- I AM love and light.
- I trust the process of life to bring only good to me.
- I AM healthy and whole, body, mind and soul.
- God is Love.
- Love is God.
Pray. Meditate. Journal.
FEEL FREE TO READ, COMMENT AND SHARE…